What is PomPak and who are the State Bank of Pakistan and Knowledge Platform?
PomPak is a gamified online educational platform. To access it, visit:
PomPak is a platform and brand owned by the State Bank of Pakistan. The State Bank of Pakistan is the country’s central bank. To learn more about the State Bank of Pakistan, visit:
PomPak is developed by Knowledge Platform (Private) Limited. To learn more about Knowledge Platform, visit:
What is personal data?
We define “personal data” as data that identifies a particular individual (e.g., name, contact details, medical records and images).
How do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data of users only when an individual registers on our platform and provides us with personal data.
What do we do with personal data?
In general, we use personal data to track the usage and performance of individuals on our platform and to improve our solutions and tailor our solutions to their requirements and to offer them solutions that may be useful to them.
Do we make personal data public or provide it to third parties?
We do not make public or provide to any third party any personal data obtained through our educational platform except that:
- Your personal data will be available to the State Bank of Pakistan and Knowledge Platform;
- We will provide personal data as may be required by law or government orders;
- We will share personal data if you consent to sharing such data;
- We may share personal data with other solutions providers on which we rely (for example, a telecommunications carrier or cloud hosting service) to provide services under our platform;
- We may use personal data to improve services to you, communicate with you and offer solutions to you and to provide profile-based advertising or marketing solutions and to enroll you in programs run by us; and
- In cases where you enter into a program run by us that involves provision or publication of personal data, for example, in a competition leaderboard, or to obtain prizes, or win scholarships, then your personal data may be provided or publicized to the extent required under such programs.
How do you use location, usage, performance and similar data?
We will use personal data to evaluate and credential an individual and issue him or her a certificate of completion.
We may also use data relating to an individual’s location, device, carrier, social media affiliation, behavior, preferences, usage, performance, results and similar data to research, improve and optimize our solutions.
We may use data relating to an individual’s location, device, carrier, social media affiliation, behavior, preferences, usage, performance, results and similar data to conduct research and publish rankings and reports and enable third parties to conduct research and publish rankings and reports.
Information collected from and shared with social networking sites
If you log on to the PomPak with your login credentials from a social networking site such as Facebook and Google, that social networking site may receive personal information about the user that is in accordance with the terms and conditions of that site.
What happens if your personal data is incorrect?
For so long as this is required under law and you are a current active user, you will be given online access to your personal data held by us and you will be able to correct such personal data where the personal data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
Whom do I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to